Welcome to episode 9 of Slow Day Radio! This week's feature include a special guest (and former Grubby's Games star) - Zach Pearson!
Today, on The Patch Notes (gaming news)
- Half Life releases a patch update...19 years later?
- Bad news for the Wild West MMO
This week’s 5-Minute-Review game is Sony exclusive, Horizon Zero Dawn by Guerilla Games. This open-world action roleplaying game takes place on future Earth, when a cataclysmic event in the past caused machines to take over and revert humanity (and the world as we know it) to a psuedo-prehistoric state. The machines have evoloved to take the form of robotic beasts and humanity lives in tribes. You play as Aloy - a young woman seeking to uncover the mysteries of the machines, the past and the secrets of her parents. Horizon Zero Dawn is a gorgeous title with tight controls, a massive world and an intriguing story.
Join us for our Main Quest (our weekly dicussion topic): tell us your favorite video game protagonists and antagonists. Some mentioned in today's episode: Jak (from Jak & Daxter), The Illusive Man (from the Mass Effect series), Nathan Drake (from Uncharter), and M Bison (from Street Fighter). We'd love to hear who you like, and why! Leave a comment on Facebook or Twitter!
This week's Community Shout-Out:
- Zach Pearson, our special guest. Check out the commercial for Grubby's Games he starred in here!
- RocketJump (film company and video game enthusiasts), especially their Video Game High School and Dimension 404 series.
- Nabisco & Oreo (Sara wants cookies!)